Pages

The Dog Days of Summer

Sunday, July 10, 2011

All’s been quiet on the blog-sphere, at least for me. I guess that my plan of updating the blog every week was a little ambitious. A lot of things have been going on lately, and between selling a house, building a new one, finding a new daycare and another job, my mind and time have been occupied.
So here’s the plan. As I have joined the luvinthemommyhood summer sweater knit-along, I’ll be posting about my progress. Because this is one project I will not give up on. It’s my first KAL ever, it’s my first real project for myself, so this is something I will see through. Following the progress of my fellow KAL participants, I cannot help but freak out when I see that some have already finished a sweater, and starting on a second one!!! Talk about motivation!
In parting, let me share some summer-feelings with you. I cannot believe we are already in July. I always panic when I realize how fast the summer is passing. It is my favorite season; I can never get enough of lazy afternoons, spent in the shade, with a good book or an interesting knitting project, enjoying a nice breeze, while bees are buzzing around and kids splashing in the pool, laughing and squealing with delight. I love packing up a blanket and a picnic basket, finding a cool spot to lie down, looking up at the leaves and seeing the sunshine peek through. These images, these thoughts are what gets me through our long, cold (did I mention long?) winters.
So keeping this in mind, can you blame me for slacking off on my knitting???

4 comments :

  1. I hope you enjoy your Summer and you find the time to do everything you would like to.

    It's great that you are building a new house. Are you changing your job too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andreia, you too. I am hoping to change jobs yes, but I will probably have to wait until the fall for some interesting opportunities. Maybe then I will also be more relaxed and have a bit more time for knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree—summer is for laziness :o) I hope you will take time to nothing too (sounds like you have been so busy)
    Sounds awesome with a Knit-Along :-)) Hope you will share photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for KAL's! This is my first one too and I'm so happy about how fun it's been! don't worry about the people who are done already, just go at your own pace. that's what I'm doing. The point of the KAL is just to be inspired to knit so no worries if you don't get done by the timeline, I'm just happy people are making sweaters :)

    Thanks for your sweet comment today.

    ReplyDelete