Pages

A New Adventure Awaits

Sunday, March 19, 2017

I find myself at a crossroads. it's a scary feeling, but exhilarating at the same time.

Oftentimes you look back at your life and only in hindsight are able to pinpoint that moment when everything changed. Our story is a little different, as we were looking, hoping to make a big change. Finally the opportunity has presented itself, and we will be moving to the UK in a few months!

Those of you following me on Instagram may have noticed a few posts from our first visit over there. We spent a week getting familiar with Surrey and the town we're moving to, found  house to live in and just plain basked in some serious spring weather.

It feels like this is the beginning of something great for our family. A grand adventure, a new chapter, a new experience. 

I've lived in Canada for nearly 22 years now and I can honestly say that this is where my roots are. Moving here opened up so many possibilities, and I am incredibly grateful for what this opportunity has allowed me to build. But my heart has always been in Europe, and I am giddy with anticipation at what this new chapter will bring.

And just think of all the new yarns I'll get to discover!!!







5 comments :

  1. oh my goodness, that is so exciting, congratulations!!! It will no doubt be wonderful to discover a whole new world of knitting in the UK, where it is so much more prevalent, and they have so many more local yarns. We go over to the UK about once a year to visit family, around Bristol and Bath area. I look forward to hearing all about your wonderful UK discoveries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, I know that when it comes to knitting, there will be SO much to discover and enjoy. I cannot wait. And who knows, we never got to meet in person in Canada, perhaps we'll have better luck int he UK!

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is so so wonderful, dear Monica! Congratulations!!!! So looking forward to seeing these gorgeous streets popping out in your feed and on your blog - so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alina, I always worry about mixing stories about my travels with stories about my knitting, but ultimately they are both a huge part of who I am.....and as you also mention, that is part of what inspires me!

      Delete