Pages

Five

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Five years. My little boy is five years old today.

I always get a little sentimental when it comes to his birthday, because I know how lucky I am.

Lucky to experience motherhood, when some of my friends have trouble conceiving.  

Lucky to have a healthy, happy child when there are parents that have to endure the heartbreak of caring for a terminally ill child.

Lucky to be able to come home and hug my son, and I have been hugging him a little tighter since Friday's events in Connecticut.

So, today I feel grateful for our good fortune, for living a normal, uneventful life.

Every year on his birthday I've written a letter to Aidan. Sometimes I write about the highlights of teh past year, sometimes I write about my experience being his parent, or about my own childhood. I hope that these will be a fun and interesting read for him when he will reach adulthood.

Do you have any birthday rituals? For your kids or yourself? How do you feel about your kids getting older?


No comments :

Post a Comment