Pages

Fidra - The Perfect Winter Hat

Monday, January 9, 2017

Want a quick satisfying knit? Gudrun Johnston's Fidra hat is just the thing. I've been dying to make it ever since its release last December, but never got around to casting on. I found a skein of Berocco Ultra Alpaca Chunky in my stash that was just the thing for this hat. It came together in only 3 evenings. I picture this hat coming with me on walks through a snowy landscape, then slowly defrosting by a fireplace in a cozy cabin. Of course, I don't actually have time for a walk these days, I don't have access to a cabin and we don't even have a fireplace. The snow however, we've currently got plenty of.




5 comments :

  1. That is so beautiful! And what a perfect wintery white, too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, I have the feeling I'll be making a few more!

      Delete
    2. yes, i would love it if you would make more;))))

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous - textures and the photo! LOVE your wall paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alina! It's all about textures isn't it?

      Delete