Pages

Starting off the New Year - Guernsey Triangle

Monday, January 2, 2017

I used to be a monogamous knitter. Especially when knitting on a deadline. But let’s be honest, sometimes there are projects that cannot wait, yarn that’s just screaming to be knit into something. Oftentimes just the act of casting on, and sneaking in a few rows at a time, is enough to satisfy this craving. 

This is exactly how this project came to be. The yarn is one I picked up this summer in Portugal at Retrosaria Rosa Pomar and I could not wait to transform it into something. I chose to knit the Guernsey Triangle by the ever-talented Jared Flood. I’ve had my eye on this pattern for a couple of years and I felt that the yarn would be a good match as the gauge is similar to Loft and the look of the yarn is comparable as well.

Mé-Mé is a yarn with a rustic feel, in a natural dark gray, that emanates this lovely faint wooly, sheepy smell. I love the way it brings out the pattern and it looks after blocking. 

It's the perfect shawl to grab on cold January days, to keep warm, and cozy. Or in my case it's also perfect accessory to wear at the office when it's freezing and you're wishing you were home knitting.



4 comments :

  1. It's beautiful!! And looks so perfect for this chilly time of year, when a little extra coziness is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, yes, it is all about coziness and comfort for me these days.

      Delete
  2. Looks so lovely, Monica! The color is just right, will work great for any season and with any outfit. As for knitting monogamy, it's long gone for me :) There are just too many ideas that I want to turn into stitches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Alina, and different projects are suitable for different situations....it's long gone for me as well.

      Delete