Pages

Summer Sweater knit along

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Can you believe that I have never tackled an adult sized knitting project? I mean, ok , I’ve “only” been knitting for 3 years, but I’ve always focused on small, fast projects, mainly baby clothes and accessories. But now that I have gathered some experience, I figured I am ready for a new challenge.
Then I saw this post on Luvinthemommyhood, and it was the push I needed to make a commitment. I’ve wanted to knit Hannah Fettig’s Featherweight Cardigan for a while now, and I had even purchased the yarn. The color is this intense red-orange-y-pink/fuchsia. Not my usual color, but something about it just made me think it’d be perfect.
I have never joined a KAL, I simply have no time, but since this is on-line, it’s the perfect alternative. So get ready to hear about this project and its progress, I am myself curious to see how it will turn out.

4 comments :

  1. Yippee! Thanks for joining in! Love the yarn choice...so pretty! Thanks for sporting the button too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Tackling an adult sized project is a big step (one that I just recently took after YEARS of knitting). I may have to join along... Featherweight Cardigan has been in my queue too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The button was the main reason I joined...hihihi. But thanks, this is very exciting.

    Erika, there is strength in numbers, right? I am totally freaked out that I might completely ruin this project, but hey, gotta face your fears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries about gauge Monica. You'll get it. Mine was a tricky one so I made sure to ask lots of peeps for help before I got the courage to start knitting. I'm so freaked out it's going to be ginourmous so will prolly try it on a million times before I'm done..lol.

    Glad you joined in and I'm also super happy you like my button :P

    erika - come join in on the fun!!!! that featherweight cardi is gorgeous and Knitbot is our premier sponsor for the KAL.

    ReplyDelete