Pages

The perfect summer day

Sunday, July 29, 2012

What do you picture when you think of a perfect summer day?

Mine started with a perfectly blue sky, and enough me time to read a chapter of my new book, while enjoying a cup of coffee.


We then baked a little something. I love rhubarb, and my local grocery store finally started carrying it, so I've been trying a few different recipes. This one is from La Tartine Gourmande.


Lunch was followed by a quick run to my local yarn store . I was hoping to get some Pink Label Tanis Fiber Arts on sale, but ended up with this beauty:



And finally, the rest of the day was spent in my sister's pool.



We got home a little while ago, our skin still feeling hot from the sunshine we've absorbed all day. We're tired, but a good tired, if you know what I mean. I will sign off, and I am going to sit down and do some knitting. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend as well.


2 comments :

  1. Wo-hoo! Sounds like the PERFECT day :-)
    I don't have a sister, so other than the pool part you can pretty much copy-paste, and there you have my perfect day! :-D
    Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so perfect!! I want some sunshine, can you send some over to England?

    ReplyDelete