Pages

Spark of Joy

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Gifts are hard. I have a terrible time deciding on gifts, be it for my husband, my sister, my mom, my best friend. I strive to find the perfect gift for every occasion, overthink it, second guess my choices and enter a sort of vicious cycle. 

But sometimes, just occasionally I have a brilliant idea. 

My mom is one of these people that are hard to shop for (I believe at least), so I was on the lookout for an idea for this year's birthday. She's not much of a knitter herself, though she knows the basics, it never stuck to her. She always enjoys seeing my projects and she's sported the occasional hand-knit hat (by yours truly of course).

My latest FO is the "Spark of Grey" pattern by Melanie Berg. I've already talked about my admiration for her patterns and am planning my next Melanie shawl. 

"Spark of Grey" turned out beautiful! I really love the two yarns together , and I realized that the colours I chose were also perfect for my mom. I believe that this time I've nailed it! For once I really did find the perfect gift for someone.



6 comments :

  1. Your mom is a very lucky woman. That shawl/scarf is Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeannie. I do hope she will enjoy it and wear it lots.

      Delete
  2. YES VERY LUCKY INDEED...CAN SOMEBODY ELSE BE AS LUCKY :) ? GORGEOUS !

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, that shawl is so stunning!!! you really knocked it out of the park on that. Great colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, I am myself partial to those colours. Half the fun of a knit project I find is pairing colours...

      Delete