Pages

Style-a-knit ~ Summer instalment

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Last year I made a promise to myself to focus my knitting on building a modern, fashionable, versatile and fun wardrobe.  I had anticipated my "Style-a-knit" project to take a while, and boy was I right! My first choice took nearly a year to finish. However, I am glad to say that I am back today to introduce to you my second choice.

In looking at the ideas had I jotted down, I realized I have quite a few fall/winter choices lined up for the next few style-a-knit instalments  but not a lot of summer tops, so I will be doing some research to balance things out. More on that at another time.

On the top of my list of summery knits was the Togue Pond tank by Pam Allen. It is an incredibly versatile top, and the perfect choice to kick-off my summer knitting. 

As you can see it looks great under a blazer for the office, but equally as lovely worn casually with jeans, at the beach perhaps? 

I will be knitting it in the exact same yarn and colour as shown in the sample. I rarely go this route, but this really is the perfect choice for me. I am also looking forward to trying Kestrel yarn. Ravelry seems to be floodded with a myriad of projects knit in it, and they all look fantastic. I have a new-found appreciation for linen yarn ever since I finished my Bayside Pullover, and am looking forward to trying it in a few more garments.

I am planning on wearing this top proudly on vacation, so I have a 6 week window to knit it. And then I can introduce you to my next choice. Wish me luck!



2 comments :

  1. It's a wonderful summer choice, and definitely versatile for styling! 6 weeks should be good to get it done, especially since there are no sleeves. ;) Hopefully it will work out before you go on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of style-a-knit wardrobe! I used to be drawn mostly to techniques and looked at a project from the process point of view, not how useful and versatile it will be at the end, but right now I am definitely focused on both! Looking forward to seeing your top!

    ReplyDelete