Pages

It finally feels like summer

Monday, June 27, 2016

This weekend I had the most perfect summer morning experience. The patio door was open and I could hear the birds chirping outside. The sunshine was streaming through the windows and the kitchen smelled of freshly brewed coffee. The kids were playing quietly and happily, no arguing, yelling or throwing tantrums. For once.

My knitting needles were clicking away on a swatch that makes me very happy.

A while back I blogged about a family heirloom that is very dear to me. It is my only knitted family heirloom. A little baby dress in a stitch that was a mystery to me for the longest time. I pulled it out recently for Sienna, she's just the right size for it, and it reignited my curiosity. So I poured over stitch dictionaries and I searched and searched until I finally found it! 

It is appropriately called the "Oyster Stitch". I've got plans for it, great plans, and I cannot wait to show you more. For now, I am happy experimenting around. 

This discovery comes at a great time, because I have felt a little stuck in my knitting. Ever since I finished the "spark of Grey" shawl, I have been ridiculously indecisive and have been unable to pick my next project. I am looking for a summer project, and there are some great ones out there, but I am having a difficult time choosing a summer-appropriate yarn. Any suggestions? Advice? I would love your input. Currently my top choices are Vaara, Ashby Tee, Over the Top top, and Togue pond.



2 comments :

  1. what a wonderful summertime you are having! And an heirloom baby dress, that must be stunning. So glad you found the mystery stitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, it was such a happy moment. Both figuring out the stitch and my morning :-)

      Delete